Monster Steel - Wholesale body jewelry and body piercing jewelry distrubutor   Professional Piercing Supply
Click here to view our wholesale body jewelry online store
Can you tell me the risks in having my tongue and nipples pi

Post new topic   Reply to topic    monstersteel.com Forum Index -> Tongue piercing risk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Can you tell me the risks in having my tongue and nipples pi Reply with quote

Can you tell me the risks in having my tongue and nipples pierced.
monster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, starting with the tongue: as you can imagine, having a piece of metal constantly rattling against your teeth and gums can cause major problems from chipped teeth through to gum disease and gum recession. Food can also get trapped around the stud. By the way, dentists tend to hate mouth piercings because of the damage they cause. Nipple piercings can also have downsides. In women, there is a risk of scarring to the milk ducts, which may interfere with breastfeeding. With any piercing there is also the small risk of trauma: through the stud or ring getting caught on clothing, for example. Anyone considering piercing should also only get it done through an experienced, reputable practitioner. Needles should be used once only, and other equipment should be autoclaved to prevent the transmission of blood-borne infections like HIV or hepatitis C. Other risks from the procedures can include infections, bleeding or damage caused by incorrect ring/stud placement. For more detailed information, I suggest you talk to your GP. Even given the risks of these piercings, many people feel they are still worth it. And, at least with body piercings (unlike more permanent adornments like tattoos), when you get sick or them or you run into problems, you can just take them out.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    monstersteel.com Forum Index -> Tongue piercing risk All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Click on a forum to view or post question
and comments related to body piercing jewelry
Tongue piercing forum Nipple piercing forum
Nose piercing forum Belly piercing forum
Lip piercing forum  Penis piercing forum
Ear piercing forum Clit piercing forum
Genital piercing forum Navel piercing forum
Belly piercing forum Eyebrow piercing forum
Female piercing forum

Disclaimer: This questions and answers in this message board are not reviewed by monstersteel.com and monstersteel.com offers no guarantee that the questions and answers on this message board a correct or incorrect.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in