Monster Steel - Wholesale body jewelry and body piercing jewelry distrubutor   Professional Piercing Supply
Click here to view our wholesale body jewelry online store
I really want my tongue pierced but what are the facts

Post new topic   Reply to topic    monstersteel.com Forum Index -> Tongue piercing facts
View previous topic :: View next topic  
monster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:23 am    Post subject: I really want my tongue pierced but what are the facts Reply with quote

I really want my tongue pierced but everyone says it really hurts and decays your teeth. Help?????
monster
Site Admin

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2005 1:24 am    Post subject: tongue piercing fact tips Reply with quote

Body piercing, whether ears, tongues, belly buttons or elsewhere, is not without its risks and complications. Instruments used for piercing can become contaminated with blood. If they are not properly cleaned and sterilised between clients, then you could catch hepatitis B, hepatitis C or HIV. Piercings can also become infected (like boils) which may mean the piercing then needs to be removed.

Tongue piercing carries particular risks. Following the piercing, there is a variable amount of swelling of the tongue which can make it difficult to talk, eat and swallow for a few days. Rarely, life-threatening swelling and/or infections can occur. As you mention, the tongue stud may rub on the back of your teeth, causing damage to tooth enamel.

At 13 years of age, it is likely that you would require your parents? permission to have a tongue piercing. Give careful thought as to why you feel so strongly about it. Hopefully it is not just because others have had it done and you feel ?the odd one out?. We are all individuals and should be comfortable with our appearance, without the need for piercings, tattoos, or particular types of clothing to make us feel good about ourselves. I would encourage you to give it some more thought and put off the decision for another year or so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    monstersteel.com Forum Index -> Tongue piercing facts All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to:  
You can post new topics in this forum
You can reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot vote in polls in this forum

Click on a forum to view or post question
and comments related to body piercing jewelry
Tongue piercing forum Nipple piercing forum
Nose piercing forum Belly piercing forum
Lip piercing forum  Penis piercing forum
Ear piercing forum Clit piercing forum
Genital piercing forum Navel piercing forum
Belly piercing forum Eyebrow piercing forum
Female piercing forum

Disclaimer: This questions and answers in this message board are not reviewed by monstersteel.com and monstersteel.com offers no guarantee that the questions and answers on this message board a correct or incorrect.

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in